Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Polymer Clay, Dies & Cut Outs

I have been having some fun using dies and cut outs with polymer clay, thanks to a polymer clay buddy of mine who let me borrow her sets to try them out. They are definitely on my wish list!!


I recently took a class with the wonderful Meg Newberg on Indigo Shibori Canes, and I was looking for a way to use one of my canes from her class, so I decided to use one of the canes in working with the dies and cut-outs. I was able to make two sets of pendants and earrings using the dies and cut-outs. These were made using the Long Cone Trio.

Top portion of pendant is Hidden magic technique
and the bottom portion is the Indigo Shibori Cane



Similar in pattern but the not the same...one of the reasons I love polymer clay, because you can always create a "one of a kind" piece. 

I also wanted to use the Long Capsule Die as well and at the same time make a necklace and earrings to match a blouse that I recently purchased. 


Hidden magic technique and Mica shift



I absolutely love designing jewelry for my wardrobe!!  I will say that there is some sanding and buffing with this method in order for your pendants to shine beautifully. I really like the finished pieces and there are many ways to design a necklace using these dies and cut-outs. I barely touched the surface on what you can do with Dan's wonderful The Cutting Edge Dies and Cut-Outs.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day! And a big thank you to my friend Bonnie for allowing me the time to play with her sets of dies and cut-outs!! 



2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous. Tell me which ones I should order next. As soon as we get through our friends trauma let's have a clay day. Oh, have to get the tooth too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I would say order the circle ones for sure.

    ReplyDelete