Friday, January 29, 2016

Stenciled Polymer Clay Jewelry and A Polymer Clay Project

I totally forgot to post my stenciled polymer clay creations that were inspired by Iris Mishly's free YouTube video on faux silk screening on polymer clay using stencils. I took them to my guild so I could show how I made my creations using stencils. So here they are in this collage:


I don't think that I am done playing around with stencils. I still think there is more to this technique and I plan on experimenting with it a little further. I even used part of this technique for a project that I have been working on this past week. I volunteered to decorate a letter for my little town of Surprise community. This letter is part of a signage that is going up in front of a small gallery at our city hall. I chose the letter "T" to decorate with polymer clay and since I love mosaic themes, I decided to do this letter in that theme.



Can you pick out some of the details? I used the new Scupley Opal clay, faux turquoise, canework, brass and copper pieces. I also used some polymer clay techniques like Mokume Gane and polymer clay stenciling. I embossed the round copper piece and applied some ink to it and with the small square brass tiles I added a little of the Gilder's paste. This project lasted about a week in between watching my grandkids this past week and running errands. Lately this grandma has been busy with both sets of grandkids but I don't mind...I love it! At least I can get in some of my walking steps in too!  I have started to walk about 4.5 miles a day (4-5 times a week) in hopes of losing some of the weight I gained over that past 6 months.

Well thanks for stopping by to see some of my creations! Have a super weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Your earrings and pendant and letter T are beautiful. You do such amazing work and you are an inspiration to everyone who sees your work. Can't wait till our next clay day. I ordered some new stencils for us to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie!! Oh goody, new stencils!! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice. We just did some stencils at our clay guild last weekend here in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. We just did some stencils at our clay guild last weekend here in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally getting back to my blog. Thank you for your comment and thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
    2. Finally getting back to my blog. Thank you for your comment and thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete