Thursday, May 21, 2015

The New Premo Opal Clay

I am just loving this new Premo Opal Clay...thanks to my clay buddy, Bonnie Kreger who gave me half of her 2 oz. clay block. I was so excited about trying this clay in my creations that I put aside what I was working on to create something with this clay.

For this week's challenge, I came up with my own blend (using Helene's Faux Mother of Pearl Tutorial) for a faux red abalone shell. I used the same procedure but used different hues of red. So I created these earrings with the combination of the two: Premo opal clay and faux red abalone shell. I did put a thin layer of translucent over the opal clay because the flakes seem to sneak out here and there and I wanted to sand the piece. This was my week #20 challenge for the 2014 Polymer Clay Challenge. My faux red abalone shell looks more like brown here, but it is a red or crimson in color. I am planning to give these earrings to my friend, Bonnie for sharing the opal clay with me. I hope the new Premo colored clay will be available soon at the craft stores because it is too late to order it out here in Phoenix...getting hot!


And here is a sneak peak at some new shaped pendants. I purchased Melanie Muir's new shape templates for her tutorial on Craftcast.  I plan to work on that tutorial with another clay buddy of mine using Melanie's special mokume gane technique. We both have the tutorial and we were fortunate to get it at a great price! So this was a great time to just play with the shape templates until we get together soon.

Faux Red Abalone and Faux Shell in polymer clay

I am hoping to create a necklace with these shapes next week...so come back next week and see what I do with these great shapes!! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!




7 comments:

  1. Those are incredible. I think I should just give you my clay and let you make me things. LOL These don't look like clay, they look like precious stones. I can't wait to see them in person. You are so talented you make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Your creations are always so pretty. You're so talented! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamara!! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Those are incredible. I think I should just give you my clay and let you make me things. LOL These don't look like clay, they look like precious stones. I can't wait to see them in person. You are so talented you make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lupe! Beautiful work. That are stunning. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete