Saturday, May 9, 2015

Polymer Clay Beads Part 1

I am still trying to figure how my week flew by and when I finally got around to deciding what I was going to create this week, the week was over. I was also a little under the weather with sinus problems. This week has been a windy week, so I must have gotten a blast of pollen from my morning walks.

I am also in the process of coming up with some samples of beads for our next guild meeting. I will be showing our members some ways to create some colorful polymer clay beads for Beads of Courage.

I came across quite a few tutorials on creating polymer beads. Here are some samples of a few different types of polymer clay beads (Butterfly Wing Beads, Spiral Beads and Textured Style Beads). I think some of my clay in the butterfly cane was softer than others, so it didn't turn out exactly like the tutorial but I was still happy with it.

Butterfly Wing Cane and Spiral Cane

Textured Style Beads in yellow, Spiral Beads
and Butterfly Wing Beads

 I created these beads using some
old canes and recent canes that I had in my stash of canes 
as well as scrap clay. 

These canes and beads are my challenges for Week#18 of the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.  I am hoping to create some more polymer clay beads this coming week after I take a break from sanding and buffing. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day. Wishing all the moms a Happy Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

  1. At least you have something to show, Lupe :) I completely blew off the challenge this week. Hubby retired and we are negotiating the home-front LOL. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete