Saturday, April 25, 2015

Stuck on Blue

This week's work was finishing up my buttons for the International Button Swap on Facebook. Glad those are done are mailed off! I promise to show pictures of the buttons I made and will take photos of the ones that I receive.
I don't know what my fascination with blue is, but I always seem to gravitate to that color, though I am glad that I am making some creations in blue because I promised a friend that I would create a necklace in that color for her. Happy that she can pick from two of my past creations!
This would be my Week #16 of the 2015 PC Challenge. There are so many talented artists in the polymer clay community. I am just in awe of the recent work coming out in polymer clay. I recently made friends on Facebook with the lovely Joe Patouille. I just love her work!! She is so generous and shares some of her polymer clay techniques on Facebook. You can click here to view all her beautiful work on Flickr. She recently shared her technique using inks, embossing powders, and paints, as well as these delightful shapes for pendants. If you go to her Flickr page you will see these "spear" looking shape pendants which are wrapped with wire. I followed her photo tutorial but did not add the wire. My wire kept sliding and I figured that I should have had left a little more room on the top for that. Next time I will add the wire...I do so love the combination of wire and polymer clay. Also, my pendants are more teardrop and are a little rounder in shape.

Buna cording, silver plated beads, 
blue coral nugget beads, and seed beads.

Up close you can see the embossing powders and paints.
I also added a little glitter. 

Square polymer clay cab using that same sheet.

This technique was fun and I plan to do more of these wonderful pendants using Joe's techniques! If you get a chance, just browse through her Flickr. Joe also creates some beautiful collar necklaces. She is definitely an inspiration! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely effect Lupe! There is just no end to the ingenuity of the PC community :)

    ReplyDelete