Friday, April 10, 2015

Serene Blue

Blue is one of my favorite colors to use when working with polymer clay. The color blue is restful, soothing, and serene which is probably why many people head to the ocean beaches. I love playing with color especially when it comes to polymer clay. I also have a great reference guide to color mixing, Pantone Guide to Communicating with Color by Leatrice Eiseman. So many great color palettes in this book. Design Seeds is another great resource as well.

This week I played around with Pantone 534, 634, and silver. I also added a little silver to white to get an off-white which I used for the base (link for the Pantone Color Chart, click here). I used Barbara McGuire's Shape Stamps (Boomarang Shape) for designing the shape of this necklace which was done using the Mokume Gane technique. The following creations are my Week #14 of the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.

I also used Barbara McGuire's Shields Shape Stamps
for creating the matching earrings.

Well, I am off to to create some buttons for a swap...see you later! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!



4 comments:

  1. I love the shape of your beads. I have those shape cutters but yours look great. Guess that's another clay day we will have to have so you can show me how to use them. The colors are wonderful. I love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie!! Yes, most definitely can show you how I use them! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colour blue, too! Beautiful set, Lupe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely work! I have been enjoying looking through your blogs and all the jewelry you've made. I have a quick question about the shape stamps. I just got the shields and triangles one, I was wondering if you cut out the individual shapes? Are they easy to use? I tried pressing a part of the stamp sheet into some clay and was pleased at how neat the impression was. But it's more difficult to do if I want just two pieces of a shape for earrings. I want to make sure cutting the stamps apart is the right thing to do before I take it apart.

    ReplyDelete