Saturday, April 4, 2015

Polymer Clay Covered Eggs

What great timing, just in time for Easter...polymer clay covered eggs! I was fortunate to take a class with Meg Newberg from Polymer Clay Workshop. Meg also offers some great cane tutorials through a subscription on Cane Builder which is a part of her Polymer Clay Workshop. You can also find Meg Newberg on YouTube.  Meg lives in Tucson, so our guild invited her to come up and teach us a few things on cane building and covering eggs with polymer clay. Meg is a great instructor and very helpful too!  This was my first egg which I created in Meg's class.

Egg was sanded and buffed

This past week I covered two more eggs and made some canes using Meg's tutorial. These are my challenges for Week #13 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.

Flower petals, butterfly wings, 
and Meg's special polymer clay gold blend.

One side of the eggs

The other side of the eggs.
One egg is textured and the other is sanded and buffed.
The dragon fly cane is a cane that I made in another class.

These eggs were fun to make. I have covered plastic eggs but this was my first time with real eggs. I did smash a two of my eggs as I was covering them with polymer clay. I think I was trying to rush the last one so I could post my challenge for the week. Oh well, glad I had some extra eggs on hand. 

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter and Passover! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 


2 comments:

  1. These are just exquisite, Lupe! I love all of Meg's canes :) What a treat it must have been to get in a workshop with her!

    ReplyDelete