Tuesday, April 28, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge Recap

Just taking a little break before moving on to my next challenge...what will it be? Sometimes, I don't get around to it until Wednesday or Thursday in deciding what is next on my work table. There are so many techniques in polymer clay...not enough days for all the things that I want to try out! I guess, I should try to come up with some sort of checklist that has a list of my personal goals or challenges but I am afraid that is not me. My creative mood changes from week to week. Sometimes, I get up early in the morning racing with ideas and other times, I sit playing around with the clay, trying to figure out what I want to create. I am hoping other artists go through this same dilemma, otherwise I have yet to achieve the true status of an artist...sometimes I struggle with that. I have been working with polymer clay for about 7 years now going on 8. I know for a fact that there is still much to learn in the polymer clay community.

I must say that this 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge (#2015PCChallenge) hosted by Kater's Acres is really pushing me as an artist. Sometimes it is a struggle and other times it comes quite easy. So far I have been timely plus or minus a day off in posting. I haven't missed a week yet, knock on wood! My goal was to create one thing each week for this challenge. Sometimes I surprise myself and have more than one thing a week to share on my blog. Soon there will be summer vacations coming up and I am hoping that I will continue to keep up.

I am a perfectionist at heart, so I like completing projects. If I design a pendant, it is not completed until it is hanging from a cording or chain. I have to tell myself, a pendant is good, it is something completed. Just like polymer clay beads, they don't necessarily need to be strung right away. Oh, the ups and downs of an artist.

Well, that is all I am going to vent today. Here is a recap of all the creations that I have made so far in this challenge. It is great to see them all together in this collage...hoping I didn't miss any in this photo. I am proud of myself for completing the challenges so far.


Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!!


4 comments:

  1. Those pieces are all amazing. You forgot to mention that you also made banana cupcakes and brought them over to your friend and her husband. By the way, they didn't last long and they sure were good.
    Looking at your beautiful pieces really inspires me. Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed by all you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! I was hoping to accomplish a lot more, but life got somewhat stressful. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete