Friday, March 20, 2015

Fun Shaped Bangle

This is the first time I made something big. I usually go for smaller items. I guess I can never think big. This past month I have been looking at other shape forms for bracelets. Bettina Welker's book on Polymer Clay Bracelets sure gave me some ideas! Though I will say, this week was a bust for getting things completed. And the bracelets that I worked on had some problems...cracks. Usually, my projects come along nicely but this week, I felt a little rushed and out of sorts. I am blaming it on sinus problems. I guess, I am entitled to those weeks, perhaps my brain needs a rest. Though, I did come away with one bracelet that I was happy with. I thought I would show both sides of the bangle. I love the shape and for my base I used one half ultralight clay and one half scrap clay so it is not too heavy. One thing I will need to remember is to keep my outer layer thin. There is still much to learn on making bangles and I am not giving up! And this bangle slides on my wrist with no problems...I have huge wrists for a gal.

Base Bangle






This week I also got together with my friend, Bonnie Kreger (Bonnie's Kreative Korner) and showed her how to weave little purses. We got together with some other polymer clay friends and shared the fun! I am hoping her hubby doesn't get mad me because I do believe I created a monster! She is way ahead of me when it comes to yarn stash and she is buying yarn left and right. I can hardly wait to see her first completed handwoven bag and the colors of her bag are gorgeous!  This bag is another one that I am working on. Now I just have to make beads to go with it.  I think it is a little out of focus though or my eyes are tired.



Well, time to clean up my studio and take a nice break this weekend...watch the grandchildren and possibly BBQ. I also have a guild meeting this weekend. We are learning how to make small flower charms for a bracelet. Should be fun!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. I love this bangle. The colors and shape are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the opportunity to see and feel this bangle today. It's incredibly beautiful and smooth. Love it Lupe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bangle is gorgeous. Not to worry, my husband already knows I'm a monster and crazy when it comes to polymer clay and yarn. I really had fun Tuesday. Why didn't you put the picture up with you and dogs? That was cute. As soon as I get my arm fixed we are going to get into some serious crafting. Ha ha ha ha
    Thank you for teaching me Lupe, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Bonnie...just paying it forward! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the shape. I will have to try this tute. Thanks Lupe

    ReplyDelete