Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have been busy this week creating some last minute items for Valentine's Day. I decided to give mixed media a try this week. Molly Alexander from Beautifully Broken Me had a wonderful Sweet Heart Painting tutorial on her blog the end of January which I wanted to try out.  Molly creates some beautiful jewelry and also does some beautiful mosaic and mixed media art. She is quite the talented artist! Molly's directions were easy to follow, only I used different colored paints. I wanted to make two plaques for my two daughters for Valentine's Day. Since they are into the color grey right now for interiors, I decided to go with that color. Here is one of my plaques. The other is pretty similar, only the center of the heart has a different design.


Even though I sanded some of the paint off, it still was a little dark. I'd say for my first mixed media, I think I did okay. Next time, I will try and go with a lighter color. I made the small polymer clay heart to go on my mixed media project which was done with a toner transfer. Here are a few others that I made this week.



And since I was on a roll, I decided to make some buttons to include in my giveaway on Feb. 15th (Grow Your Blog Party)I have made quite a few friends who work with textiles (quilting, needlepoint, and embroidery) through this party. 



I also worked on Randee Ketzel's Crazy Heart Polymer Clay Tutorial (RMKDesign).  I never get tired of playing around with this tutorial...so much fun!  My week has been busy, so I am including all these creations for my Week #6 on KatersAcres 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.


I also figured out that some of leftovers from this tutorial really make some colorful beads. These beads are going to Beads of Courage Program.  Can you pick out the ones that I made using the leftovers from Randee's tutorial from this bunch? I still have a few more beads to sand and buff.


Well, I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day! I am going to spend it with my grandchildren and my hubby. I think a trip to the park will be on the list of things to do followed by decorating some cupcakes! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 













1 comment:

  1. Love everything, Lupe, especially the buttons :) It's funny, I've never thought of sharing buttons! I am hoping to get caught up on my missing weeks now that I am feeling a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete