Saturday, February 7, 2015

Getting Ready For Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I have been trying to figure out what to make for my beautiful grandchildren for Valentine's Day. I absolutely adore my grandchildren and I love all the creations that they make for me throughout the year. Recently, I came across a short tutorial on the Polyform Sculpey website for a Valentine Sweet Treat Jar which I thought would be great to make for them this year. Plus, I thought this would be a good project for my week #5 on KatersAcres 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge. I will be filling this jar with mints because they love mints. 


I decorated both sides of the heart on the lid which I am glad that I did, because I didn't take into account when screwing the lid on the jar, which side was going to face the front. I also came across crushed velvet (doodlebug design inc.) at a scrapbooking store last weekend which I wanted to try out on polymer clay. This fluffy stuff can be used on paper which gives the appearance of crushed velvet...so, why not use it on baked polymer clay. I applied it to the border of the heart and the edges of the four red hearts on the lid. You apply it with glue just as you would with glitter and you can find an assortment of colors in this crushed velvet.


I sure hope they love it. I know that my daughter will love it since she loves making homemade items. I wasn't sure if she was ever going to be crafty but after having kids, she has surprised me. She is crafty like her mom! My daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren made me this handmade clock for Mother's Day last year which is on the wall of my studio.


My grandchildren: Ella and Chase



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment