Friday, February 27, 2015

A Resin Kind of Day

Such beautiful weather here in the Phoenix area. It has been in the seventies most of the week and looks like we are in for some rain this weekend. It certainly has been a beautiful day to cover some of my polymer clay pendants with some resin (Magic-Glos). Most of these pendants were created with the toner transfer method.

A gift for my sister...her famous excuse for being late!


This was a round digital image which I trimmed to fit this pendant shape.

A tattoo transfer onto polymer clay...sometimes you can get just right crackle.

Black and White toner transfer with some silk screened PC.
Just playing around...

And of course it would not be complete without creating some earrings to go with the black and white pendant.


I am including all these pendants for my Week #8 of the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge. Well, I hope you all enjoy your weekend! Time for me to clean up my studio! 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!





6 comments:

  1. Hi, Lupe Meter!

    My favorite pieces are the `forever` and the snail.
    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  2. Boy have you been busy. Those are amazing. I love the one about the clock. Your work is so beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your new studio. I need to find out where you get your inspiration. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie! :) The clock one is my favorite too! I hope my sister likes it too! My studio is smaller than my last one and the lighting is bad...hoping to get better lighting. Right now I have 2 work lights and a regular lamp in there plus my Ottlight but Ottlight bulb just quit today. :( Now I have to wait a week for a new one...bummer. I do get nice morning light so I try to make the best use of the light in the morning which makes me an early riser these days.

      Delete
  3. Great pieces! Now I want to try resin. Too chicken before....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beti!! You should try it! There are different resins out there depending on what you want to use them for. Magic-Glos gives you more of a doming effect while ICE Resin is usually basically as a coating. I have used ICE Resin over metal and it takes longer to set than Magic-Glos but the results are nice too!

      Delete