Friday, January 16, 2015

Busy Creative Week!

I have been thoroughly enjoying Donna Greenberg's Art Jewelry Challenge on Facebook this past week! Amazing work in the polymer clay community and now I am seeing artwork and jewelry from around the world! Got to say that this world would be a boring place without handmade art!

I think this is the first time for me that I didn't start the year in a creative slump...so thankful for that! It has been my goal for this year to stay busy and make a least one polymer clay creation a week. This past week, I think I past that goal!

This will be my second week for the KatersAcres 2015 PC Challenge. For this week, I actually have a few items to show you all which were made earlier this week. One was a bangle bracelet (my 5th one) which was inspired by Syndee Holt's Bangle Bracelets class on the PCA Virtual Retreat.  I call it my Festive Bangle. The other bottom pieces are creations that I made using two techniques: Chryse's Faux Abalone Polymer Clay Tutorial and Dominique Corsica's Faux Mother of Pearl Polymer Clay Tutorial  I have been having fun with these tutorials and want to incorporate some faux stone with the faux shell as well...it is one of my goals for this year.



This year, I would love to be able to help some friends of mine who are in the mission field in Kenya by selling my pieces with proceeds going to their mission. We will see how the year unfolds. I do not have a storefront (no Etsy or Artfire), so I am hoping word will get around. I am hoping this year I will see some creative growth in my polymer clay pieces with more time spent in my studio.

You can click here for a link to the mission (Saved by God's Grace) that I am going to support this year. Any monetary donation would be very helpful, but they could also use your prayers as well! 

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment