Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hearts & More Hearts...International Polymer Clay Swap

I participated in an International Polymer Clay Swap on Facebook (Jan/Feb) which had to do with HEARTS! I know I took a long break from posting anything on my blog. I have been trying to get inspired which is always a problem at the beginning of the year for me, so participating in swaps sure helps get the creative mojo going. Our group took a vote to mail packages earlier this time around, on the count of some of the packages took a long time to get to their partners last time. The group wanted our partners to receive their packages before Valentine's Day since our theme had to do with hearts for February! My partner for the swap happened to be the sweet Katie Oskin from KatersAcres. Katie has a wonderful website/blog which offers free polymer clay tips and tutorials. Her figurines are adorable and just make you smile! I absolutely love what Katie sent me. Her creation was made using a technique that I have been wanting to try...PC Faux Applique and Embroidery (I took a class from Penni Jo Couch on this technique). Katie has done a wonderful job using this technique...absolutely love it!  Please checkout her website for fun polymer clay tips and tutorials here.

Katie's Twinchie (PC tile) and Heart

The Twinchie and Heart came in this cute little bag

This is what I sent Katie using a little of the Crazy Heart Tutorial from Randee Ketzel for my heart inspiration and a cute "gimmie hugs" stamp for the bracelet and Twinchie (PC tile).






I hope you enjoyed looking at our creations! I wish you all could view the other beautiful creations. Some are being posted on various blogs (besides Facebook), so I hope you can catch a few glimpses...look for International Polymer Clay Swaps in the title posts. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! 






4 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, Lupe... someday I may think about a swap like this, right now with mail delivery in Canada being overhauled, I feel I would be taking on stress I don't need :(

    I'm not sure how I missed your last post (I'll blame it on my blog feeds)... I am so sorry to learn you lost your dear puppy, Lupe. Our hearts suffer for having loved. I hope time is starting to bring some healing for you . Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monique!! I don't blame you about the stress of mail delivery. I asked to be partnered up with US artist as a first choice even though it is an International Swap. Thank you for your kind words about my pup! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Lupe, I love your gimme hugs bracelet. That is awesome. You are so creative. I think you need to do a demo on that one. It's beautiful, just like you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie! You are so sweet! I found that little stamp at the Craft Retreat when I took my sister shopping there early January. You may want to check to see if they have any left. I saw it and grabbed one because I figured I could use that for a bracelet. I really want to try different style of bracelets. I spent way too much time on Pinterest this morning...so addicting, time flies when I am on that! Hugs, dear friend! We missed you at the Maggio Color Workshop!

      Delete