Thursday, June 6, 2013

Workshops and Getting Out of My Comfort Zone

From the looks of things, I have been M.I.A for a couple months now...WOW!  Life as usual has been busy...I started a garden, yard work just about everyday now since the weather is hotter, workshops and tutorials, plus playing with my grandkids! I guess, my blog has been at the bottom of my to do list...sorry!

Last part of March, I was fortunate enough to take a workshop with the lovely, Barb Fajardo.  She taught our polymer clay guild several techniques which were very fun and addicting. Here are a few items that I made during the workshop and some that I completed at home.


Here are some more photos from the workshop (work of the AZPCG members that attended the workshop).



I made several bracelets using Barb's technique and gave one to my daughter. This is the one that she wanted.


My daughter, Rachel is usually a hard one to please and because she loved it, I decided to make more bracelets. I really like the multi-strand bracelets and it seems everyone is layering their bracelets, so I decided to have some fun with the bracelets. It is nice to be able to make your own focal pieces and add the desired amount of holes for the design.




This is a new shape that I have been working on and trying to perfect. Sanding is a bear, especially the dark colors like this purple one below, but I really like them.


I was inspired by the beads that I came across on Facebook, American Trade Bead. I almost thought they were polymer clay, when I first came across them, but they are GLASS!!! Awesome work by some very talented glass artists!! They hold auctions for these beautiful beads. I would love to try and make some more fun shapes. Here are some links: Homepage and Online Store. What did I tell you, gorgeous collection of glass beads!! 


I have also been busy trying to get some kits together for our annual polymer clay guild retreat. I am in charge (alongside our AZPCG Vice President, Dara Meunier) of the goody bags this year, so I have to make a total of 25 kits. I have been contacting lots of companies that would be willing to donate items for our goody bags. Some companies have been very generous. The guild is also asking retreat attendees to make handmade items (which is always the best type of gift to receive) or purchase items for the goody bags! I am so excited, I can hardly wait...hoping the next several months fly by!  

Well, off to get started on a swap that I signed up on Facebook to do...only a couple of weeks to get it done. Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day! 




11 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! I have also been particularly quiet so must get a new post on my blog too!

    Love the stuff you made in the workshop with Barb. I've been eyeing up her craftedu lessons. Just need more time!

    Really love the new bead shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cara!! I know what you mean about more time. I still have two tutorials that I purchased on CraftArtEdu that I still haven't tried thoroughly. I think everyone in our guild enjoyed the workshop. Some even used different colored clay instead of the black and white.

      Delete
  2. Your beads are gorgeous and I love the bracelets. They are so earthy looking. Can't wait till camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie!! Bought items are good for the goody bags too!! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a great technique... I just love the cross in the first pic, Lupe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monique! The cross is my favorite too! I made that for a dear friend. I will have to make some more crosses!

      Delete
  4. sir, please send out the video to my e-mail, its incredible.



    Feel free to visit my weblog: xerox phaser 8560 maintenance kit - nam.nu -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. This got my Lexmark e210 working. It is constantly a challenge in Home windows to get this printer working,
    this is the third vehicle driver I have actually needed to make use of over times.



    Look at my page :: xerox phaser 8560n

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love your unique and very special focal piece bracelets! How lucky Rachel is to get the bracelet with the "oh so very lovely" black and white focal piece. That has the look to it like it should be on a fashion runway.....actually I think ANY of those bracelets would be at home on a runway. The new shape and design of the focals turned out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote
    the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive
    the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog.
    A great read. I'll certainly be back.

    my web blog :: rosacea ()

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lupe, I love the purple bead. Your work is lovely.

    Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete