Friday, March 15, 2013

Crazy Pendants

I came across a fun tutorial from Randee Ketzel, Crazy Hearts. She had posted some of her beautiful creations on Facebook and I just had to buy it. It is a great way to use up a lot of scrap clay which I have...I won't mention how many tubs I have of scrap clay. Although, my creations did not turn out as colorful as her's, I think my pendants look a little like tie dyed shirts.



And these are not quite finished yet. 
I think they need a black background
and I will probably try and make my own bail...we shall see.

I also finished another pendant from a previous tutorial by Sarah Shriver (Lightweight Big Beads)actually it was a 2-day workshop through our guild (AZPCG). It really takes me awhile to finish just one big bead because there is a process which I won't get into...and because I don't want to make any mistakes, I take it very slow. I will let you know that you have to sand and buff, and sand and buff some more, and baking is done in stages. I am hoping in time it will be a lot easier. This particular pendant I am hoping to donate to our monthly guild raffle. Our guild has been asking for some handmade items but I think many of us are afraid that our creations won't be good enough or people just won't like what we made. I know that I am my worst critic, but it is time to let go of some insecurities. So, perhaps if I donate a few items, perhaps other members will too! 

Big bead with a brass chain

Well, I am headed for our monthly guild meeting tomorrow...time to pack up my polymer clay stuff.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!                                 




4 comments:

  1. Lupe, I'm always amazed at the variety of lovely things that leave your talented hands. The pieces you made using Randee Ketzel's Crazy Hearts technique are beautiful. They remind me of ethnic or tribal patterns.

    I think the big blue with the brass chain that oyu made using Sarah Shriver's Lightweight Big Bead technique is spectacular and unusual. If it does go into the raffle I just know some lucky winner is going to be thrilled to own it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great big bead necklace! I’m part of the bead soup party. Looking forward to the reveals. I'm now following you. I have a new blog. Please consider following my jewelry blog. Thanks.
    http://vintagememoriesjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day. I am wondering if you may be interested
    in doing a link exchange?
    I see your blog: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5033991294448082254&postID=2677377656229846162 and my website are
    centered around the same subject. I'd love to swap links or perhaps guest
    author a article for you. Here is my personal e-mail:
    mariettalanier@gmail.com. Please be sure to contact me if you're even slightly
    interested. Appreciate it.

    Also visit my web blog: Please visit my site

    ReplyDelete