Saturday, February 23, 2013

Busy with Swaps, Part 2...and Stirring up Soup

I was so excited this past week...first snow in the downtown area, which has never happened since I have lived here in Phoenix (25 plus years). I was able to see it on the television, but I could have taken a 30 minute drive to see it in person. Phoenix weather can be really weird sometimes from our dust storms to our rain pours. We were actually expecting rain but we received rain, hail, clouds, thunder, sunshine, rainbows, and yes, snow but not the fluffy kind. Our desert and freeways were covered in white, but on my side of town, we received rain and then sunshine. So while it was snowing in the east side of town, it was sunny and windy on my side of town. People were not ready and many were still wearing shorts and flip flops, since it never really gets that cold here even in the winter.
My second surprise is that I received my texture sheet and heart from my Polymer Clay Swaps (Facebook Group) partner, Dakotah Flannery. She did say she was definitely the queen of textures and I can definitely agree with her. Here is what I received...

Three awesome texture sheets and heart!

A closeup of her beautiful heart pendant...WOW! 

Just had to check out this particular texture sheet...Yum! 

Impression of the above texture sheet 
made into a thin Mokume Gane veneer using

Some earrings to match using part of the veneer that I made.

I will definitely be using these texture sheets a lot...thank you, Dakotah!  This was a fun swap and I hope to participate more in these Polymer Clay Swaps!

My next project is Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party. I received my beautiful bead soup from my partner, Suzanne Fragiocomo, aka Fragiocomoglassart on Etsy.

Some metal spacer beads, a beautiful silver flower toggle,
glass bead spacers and glass focal bead.

A closeup of this beautiful glass focal bead.

Hopefully, I can come up with polymer clay beads that will work well with this beautiful glass bead...wish me luck!! 

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day today! 


3 comments:

  1. Great texture sheets, and lovely bead soup! You'll have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have received such wonderful texture sheets and the Mokume Gane veneer using that really cool texture sheet for the pendant and earrings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete