Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kalmbach Bead Soup Party

Wow, I can't believe it will have almost been a month since my last post! I guess that's what happens when life gets too busy which mine has been for the last month or so. Just when I decide to get creative, stuff happens and interrupts me from working in my studio; but, I have good news to tell...I was selected to participate in another bead soup, this time it was hosted by Kalmbach Books!  Thank you, Kalmbach Books for this opportunity! Lately, I have gone PINK...my friend Lori would happy to hear that! Beads Galore was generous to send me this beautiful pink bead soup. You really can't go wrong with pink especially with these gorgeous glass pink pearls! The black czech glass beads really make the pink hues pop, don't you think so?


There were different approaches I could have taken with this bead soup. Right now, I have been enjoying the hollow puff polymer clay pendants.  I thought perhaps, I could find a nice digital image to go with the pink hues. The trick was to use a transfer image and make a hollow puff polymer clay pendant without smudging the image. It took me two tries but I did it!  Anybody who knows me, knows that roses are my favorite flowers. I have several rose bushes in my yard and could easily have a dozen!  


And here is what I created with my bead soup and polymer clay pendant.




I also made some matching earrings to go with this piece.




I titled it, "Grace"...a pink rose symbolizes gentleness, joy and grace...sweetness.

Again, thank you Kalmbach Publishing for this awesome opportunity and thank you Beads Galore for your generosity...this was a fun challenge! 

Well, back to the studio...I still have one more pink bead soup to work on (from a giveaway) and earrings to get done. I am so behind on the earring challenge, that I am wondering if I will ever catch up now. My daughter is expecting her baby (our second grandchild) the middle of November...perhaps if I do three pair a week, I could possibly catch up. Wish me luck!

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments: