Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pantone Colors and Earrings

I have been busy trying to catch up on the 52 Pair of Earrings Challenge. Not having a studio for whole month really put me way behind schedule. Plus, the beginning of the month I was finishing up my pieces for Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party coming up this Saturday...so excited about that!



Several months back, I purchased this great color inspiration book, Pantone Guide to Communicating with Color, by Leatrice Eiseman. I actually bought two of them for an awesome price on the web and donated one of the books to our monthly guild raffle. This book has some great color palettes...great book to have when you can't decide what colors you want to use. I would highly recommend this book. I used several of the palettes in this book for several of my earring creations (the bottom three).


Polymer Clay, filigree, glass beads, Pantone 631, 618, 625
Unique 4

Polymer Clay, filigree, crystals, Pantone 2567, 1555, 9021
Luscious & Sweet

Impressed Mokume Gane and Pantone 683,326,584
Unique 1

The earrings on the top of the collage were inspired by Nan Roche's Impressed Mokume Gane...minus the patinas. I had planned on adding the patinas but I really liked these particular earrings without the patinas. If I make a pendant using the same technique, I plan to go ahead and use them. I have some of Christi Friesen's Swellegants that I want to try out. I think they would be great for this type of technique too.

I would like to say that I am all caught up on my earring challenge but I am not, so back to the studio I go!  

Please don't forget, this Saturday is the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party Reveal...come and join in on the fun!  I decided to add my "followers" gadget on my blog again. I hope it doesn't cause any problems during the big reveal this Saturday. I had some problems with it in the past and I hoping I won't this time around. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! 




2 comments:

  1. Lupe, these are gorgeous! I know what you mean about not having your studio available and having to catch up with everything-I can relate. I, too, have this book. I purchased it in 2000 and it is still going strong! The color combos are great. I also love Eva Maria Keiser's colorways. Anyway, love your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Marlene! I have been on Eva Keiser's Pinterest and have checked out her color board...beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete