Friday, June 29, 2012

Polymer Clay Smooshers Ocean Theme Challenge: Seashell Frenzy

We have been in the triple digits for the past week and I am trying to cool down anyway I can. I thought participating in the Polymer Clay Smooshers Monthly Theme would help a little since this month's theme is anything to do with OCEAN. Boy, would I give anything to be at the beach right now. I am an early riser and usually get up at 5:30 AM to walk to my Curves gym, but lately I have decided to skip the walk. The temperature is up in the low 80's by 6 AM!  I love everything about the beach and would love to learn how to scuba dive one of these days before I get too old to try it out. One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to walk on the beach and hunt for sea shells that wash up from the ocean. So, I thought wouldn't it be neat to glue some tiny seashells on a polymer clay pendant and enclose them with some resin...something fun to wear and casual. No beach close by, so I went to Hobby Lobby and they had a nice collection of seashells!


I  found a little white stone dolphin bead in my bead stash to go with this fun piece. I also came across some white silver plated netted round beads which I thought would look nice with necklace...something that dangles and gives a little movement to the necklace.



Decided to call this piece, "Let's Splash" because of the dolphin.

And I didn't stop there, I came across some beautiful digital images from one of my favorite Etsy stores, Aenota. She has some beautiful digital images!  I usually like adding semi precious stones or seed beads to many of my pieces but the pendant was perfect by itself, though I did add a couple of mood beads...perfect on cable cording. 

"Ocean Blue"

I was glad that I had a little extra time to participate in a Polymer Clay Smooshers Challenge. It had been way too long since the last time and I am glad I had time to make two creations!  Our photos for this challenge will be up soon, so head on over to Polymer Clay Smooshers blog and check out the other entries! 

Well, this is it for me, today I started packing up my studio stuff to get ready for construction and vacation. In few days, I will hopefully be in cooler weather!  I will be back in three weeks time depending how fast I have my studio up and running again after construction. Next on my agenda is Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party!! Yeah! 

Take care and thanks for stopping by...have an awesome day! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so pretty! I love how you have made the macrame cording in the first necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty selection, Lupe. I love that beautiful tropical blue you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful pendants ... great idea with the shells! I've discovered a great glue and I'm gluing all kinds of things these days LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That focal with the seashells is amazing! Loving your use of fiber and chain, and the colors are just phenominal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea - I love the shells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...all pieces are beautiful..! Love love love it..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to sell diamonds for cash - Cashforgoldanddiamonds.com pays highest, fairest and best prices for your diamonds graded for clarity according to GIA standards ,Sell gold diamond jewelry

    ReplyDelete