Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Can't Wait to Check the Soup!

I actually ended up with a little more time for a few more blog posts before I leave for vacation. I managed to get my beads all together for my Bead Soup Partner, Kelly Hosford Patterson from PyxeeStyx, Traveling Sideshow and I can't wait to get them shipped off to her later this week. I am excited to participate in Lori Anderson's 6th Bead Soup Blog Hop Party this summer! There are 399 attendees, that is quite a number...beat our last record! Lori was generous and wanted to include as many artists so there are three reveal dates. I opted for the later reveal date (Aug.25th) since I will be out of town the early part of July plus construction going on at home.
I am so excited to have Kelly Hosford Patterson from PyxeeStyx, Traveling Sideshow. Kelly is a Mixed-Media Textural Artist. She specializes in Eco-couture in which she utilizes many recyclable materials to create one-of-kind pieces. I only wish I had her imagination, definitely would love to reuse a lot of items that I have on hand!  

Hand spun and hand woven halter top with a nuno felted silk skirt which was hand dyed in the microwave using grape Koolaid! How awesome is that...never would have guessed that!  I wish I still had a nice figure, I wouldn't mind wearing that skirt! 

Love, love this cuff!

Check out this Bohemian style copper bracelet! 

"La Fleur de la Mer" - sea urchin blossom pendant...beautiful! 

As you can see, Kelly is very creative and quite talented! She will definitely have me thinking outside the box which is a good thing for me...I love challenges! To check out more of Kelly's work, you can go to her Etsy Store, PyxeeStyx~Traveling Sideshow and to see a nice slideshow of her work you can click here!

If you have time head on over to Lori Anderson's Pretty Things Blog to see the list of attendees and reveal dates! I hope you can all join us in the blog hopping...should be a whole lot of fun! 

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day! 



3 comments:

  1. Hi Lupe! I saw Kelly's post about you as her partner in the Bead Soup Blog Party, and wanted to come over and have a look. You have a very nice eye. Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lupe love your jewelry! I joined BSBP as well and am very excited - can tou tell it's my first time? Stop by my blog if you get a chance isolinaperez.blogspot.com. live to create

    ReplyDelete