Saturday, April 14, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

Although October is designated for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I decided to make a couple of pendants and a pair of earrings in honor of a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. This is her second time battling breast cancer and is scheduled for surgery in May. She is a wonderful lady and I wanted to make her a necklace to let her know that I was praying for her. I hope she likes it.


Here are a couple more polymer clay creations for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The earrings are my 15th pair for my continuing 52 Pair of Earrings Challenge.



I pray that someday there will be a cure for cancer. Did you know that one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime? So, please have an early detection plan in place...the 5-year survival rate is 98% when it is detected early. The National Breast Cancer Foundation actually has an app that you can download to your iPhone to help get your early detection plan in place...how neat is that!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! Really creative pieces; each piece is so individual. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you friend my dear. She's lucky to have a friend like you. Thos earrings are gorgeous and so are the pendants.

    ReplyDelete