Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March ABS Challenge

This month's ABS Challenge was based on Vincent Van Gogh's oil canvas painting, Street Scene in Montmartre: Le Moulin a Poirvre...one of my favorite artists.  



ABS later posted several color palettes thanks to contributor, Brandi Hussey on their March 6th blog post. I fell in love with this color palette, so I decided to give this challenge a try. The colors that stood out the most for me were the blues, reds, greens and browns. So, I started with the the reds and blues first, and created a stripped cane that went along with the vertical lines in the painting (the fence in the background). 


The next thing that stood out for me were the windmills, but I thought along the lines of pin wheels which spin around just like the windmill...after all we are in the windy month. So, I made a pin wheel out of polymer clay for my focal bead and attached it to a wire bezel.
And to tie in the green, I purchased some olive green suede pre-cut flower petals and added small red polymer clay beads for the centers. A little yarn and material at the bottom of the wire bezel softens the focal piece while adding additional color to the focal.



And here is my finished piece! I am not sure what to title it yet. Any suggestions? 



As always, thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I hope you have a creative fun day and don't blow away! 









2 comments:

  1. You captured all the colors in a beautiful and magical way.Big Hugs sweet friend,Cat

    ReplyDelete