Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Little Crackle!

I have been having loads of fun with Tina Holden's Crackle Tutorial! She gives several recipes in her tutorial on crackling and I gravitated to one...so I know there is still more to check out!  This tutorial couldn't have come at a better time because my mind has been blank as to what to do next for my 52 Pair of Earrings Challenge. I still have a crackled pendant and another set of earrings on my work table using this same technique. I am hoping to get them done in a few days. But, since I am still a little behind the earring challenge, thought I would post my next latest ones and show some work using this fun tutorial.


I added some brass charms behind the the crackled PC flowers which I embossed and added some alcohol inks to match the flowers.


The crackle technique worked great for these dragonflies out of PC. You can really see the crackling in these.
The resin really makes the colors pop...I've really got some crackling and popping going on! Thanks Tina for a delightful tutorial, can't wait to create some more.

Last but not least (really doesn't go with my post)...since springtime is here, thought I would post another pair of earrings that I made using a toner transfer technique on polymer clay.


Well it is back to my studio and cleanup!

Thank you for stopping by today and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. The crackle is beautiful, Lupe! I was on the fence about purchasing Tina's tutorial (I am SO cheap!)but you have convinced me...Monique U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I did, Monique! I have never been disappointed with any of her tutorials...they have been great! Thank you for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete