Saturday, March 10, 2012

Canes Part II

Well, I haven't been playing much with polymer clay for the last couple of weeks. I am so behind on my 52 pair of earrings challenge...just finished pair 6 this week! Actually, I am so behind on yard work as well...not sure if I am going to do a vegetable garden this year.

My pasta machine is not working the greatest these days and I shipped my other two Atlas machines to Mona Kissel for modification (removal blades) and it will take several weeks before I get them back. I did manage to get a challenge done before I went out of town last week. I submitted an entry for the Polymer Clay Smooshers March Challenge which was titled, "Celtic". It took me awhile to come up with something even though I love anything Celtic. One of these days, I would love to visit Ireland or Scotland...that would be my dream vacation. I did manage to use a lovely cane that I received from my cane swap for the piece that I submitted. The Kaleidoscope Cane was made by Evelyn Bakos, a friend of mine and a member of our Arizona guild. Her cane was added to the Celtic stamped polymer clay piece and it made a wonderful necklace and beads. Evelyn's cane just reminded me of stained glass which is just beautiful!


After returning from my short trip of visiting my folks in New Mexico, I decided to make some matching earrings to go with this Celtic necklace. And since we are pretty close to St. Patrick's Day, I made some polymer clay shamrock earrings...my 5th pair of earrings. 


The centers of the shamrocks are from another cane that I received in my cane swap. This Extruder Mod Cane was created by one of newest guild members, Dara Meunier. I absolutely love the colors she used and they work perfectly for the centers of my shamrock earrings. She did an awesome job for her first swap! 

As you can see, work has been slow for me, but I am able to incorporate some of the canes that I received in my swap. I am also hoping to speed up soon once I get my modified pasta machines from Mona. In the meantime, I will think of more creative ways to use up the rest of my canes from our guild cane swap and add some items to my studio that I keep saying that I will add to my studio but haven't. That always seems to be the last on my list...why, I don't know. 

Well, I am having a birthday party for my granddaughter, Ella on Sunday. She will be one on the 13th of this month! I've been trying to get ready for that all week! It has been fun shopping for her and I will try and post some pictures of her birthday next time. 

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day! 

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, your necklace is just gorgeous!! And the shamrock earrings are so sweet. You made them just in time! I wanted to make a shamrock necklace but just haven't found the time to do that yet...

    ReplyDelete