Sunday, February 19, 2012

Canes and More Canes Part 1

These are the canes that I received at our guild's cane swap on Saturday. They are all beautiful! I can hardly wait to make something with each of them, which is the beauty of participating in a cane swap...a lot of work but well worth it! Just look at all these canes! A lot goes into making a cane. You have to choose colors that will compliment one another, you have to come up with a design and put it together, and be able to reduce the cane so you are able to use it.



We have very many talented artists in our guild (AZPCG) and we are so lucky to have many new members that are enthusiastic and are contibuting to our guild as they learn more and more techniques. Participating in challenges not only helps to increase the artist's potential but also helps in perfecting skills.  I realize the more you practice at creating and reducing canes, the less difficult it becomes...I won't say easy, because I am not there yet. Well, this week I plan to make some items using the canes that I received, just not sure which will be the first cane that I will use. My mind is already swirling with ideas!  Plus, I have to get busy making another pair of earrings!

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun for all of you,Lupe!!
    Such a nice way to play with clay and help each other too.
    Practice makes better(I don't know if anything is ever really perfect), that is why everyone says that over and over again and yes, easy does come too.
    Or maybe it is just the loss of fear that makes it more enjoyable and seem easier.
    Bravo all of you!!

    ReplyDelete