Saturday, January 14, 2012

Polymer Clay Smoosher's First Challenge of the Year

Well, I got a little sidetracked with what I originally was going to start the year with. As I was catching up on things (on the net), I came across our next theme for Polymer Clay Smoosher's Monthly Challenge: Valentine's.  Perfect timing, since I came across a fun tute by Cara Jane (Sleeping Cat Tutorial).  I decided to try and cover a small tin with polymer clay and use my polymer clay sleeping cat for the top of the tin. I got my idea from a stamp that I had in my small collection of stamps. This creation is a little different from what I usually do, but I was pleased with the finished piece.

You're Purrfect Valentine Tin Can


 I took an old striped flower cane and cut out hearts and attached them around the bottom of tin. I also used Lumiere paints and painted over silver polymer clay to match the silver on the tin. This should make a nice little Valentine's gift for the cat lover...perfect for mints, candy, and chocolates! 

I have already seen some beautiful entries for this month's challenge from other fellow artists from our guild, so I'm back to the drawing board to make another entry for our monthly challenge, plus get cracking on another tute that is laying on my work table...not enough claytime in the day for me!

Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is really great and you don't have to feed it or change the liter. :0)
    Hope you win.

    Puurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete