Friday, January 20, 2012

Faux Bone Tutorial and 52 Pairs of Earrings Challenge

I finally got around to playing with SCDiva's Faux Bone and Ivory Tutorial. I have been having so much fun with this tute! Here are some of my creations. I still have another set on my work table to finish (sanding and buffing).



I added some shell beads/connectors to give it a little color. These are my first pair of earrings for the 52 Pair of Earrings Challenge. I decided to go for the challenge hosted by Anke-Anart Island Studio

The Faux Bone tute also worked well for making toggles, which I knew it would.


I will have to try these out to see how well they work in a design.  These are my first, so I may have to change up the design a little if these don't work out like I think they will. Thank you Lynda from SCDiva for such a nice gift! If you would like to purchase her Faux Bone and Ivory Tutorial...click here.

Well, back to work...51 pair of earrings left to make! What was I thinking!  But according to my friend Bonnie, who makes quite of few of them...no problem!

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Lupe, I am so happy you love the tutorial and that it inspired you to create such beautiful earrings (and toggle.) If I didn't know they were polymer, I would swear they were genuine bone and ivory. Awesome work, my friend!

    Thanks for the link to the tut, too! :)

    ReplyDelete