Friday, November 11, 2011

Fun with Mokume Gane

First, I want to thank all the veterans out there for their sacrifice! God bless them!


I guess it is also a lucky day as well...have to go and buy a lottery ticket on 11-11-11!  Looking forward to next year since my birthday lies on the 12th of December (12-12-12)...we shall see!  These past few weeks have been busy, busy, busy. I don't know how I managed to get one thing done, but I actually did get something done! I have been working on some necklaces and earrings for my studio. The bad thing is that I don't want to part with them...isn't that terrible?  I love playing around with Mokume gane so I made a few pendants and some earrings. Here is some of the creations that I came up with using that cane.


Love this style...have to make some more of these earrings!


This pendant is two-dimensional. I took a several pieces of the Mokume gane and laid them on top of each other and ran it through the pasta machine and out pops this beautiful design! Then I baked, sanded and buffed it. I then wedged a small piece of clay between the Mokume gane sheet and the black embossed sheet for a two-dimensional look. I am thinking that I have to make some more of these too. I still have another one on my work table that I made using rounds. Well, I have to get back to work!  I also have a polymer clay class with Barbara McGuire this weekend. I will be learning how to make a face cane which is something that I have always wanted to try...should be fun!

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. Love that color. I like your airplane earrings too. Bring them with tomorrow I want to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bonnie! I will bring them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously cool pieces! I just adore the two dimensional necklace. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete