Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Raining, It's Snowing

We had some good rain the last few days (temps in the low 80's) and snow in northern, Arizona, (Flagstaff). Since, all we got was rain here in the valley, yesterday I decided it would be good time to make my own snow...that is, polymer clay snowmen. For some reason, cloudy weather really revs up my creative mojo. I was inspired by Cindy Lietz's Snowman bead tutorial that was featured a week ago. I loved her snowman and I decided that I would personalize my snowmen and also make them into Christmas ornaments, something new for my ArtFire studio. Since, I have curly hair, I thought my snowmen should too...thank goodness for wire!

I made one ornament for my grandbaby, Ella. Figure I can personalize these ornaments with the year and name.

Just finished this one this morning. Can you tell that I am addicted?

Made this little snowman pendant and added the glass snowflake which I think I purchased at Michael's last year which I finally getting around to using them.

Thank you Cindy for this inspiration!  Sometimes I just need a little push. I have been wanting to get these done but with my hands in so many projects, well, I can say is, glad that the Lord gave me great weather to just stay inside and get all my projects done! Well, now to put these up on my shop...that will take a few days.

Thank you all for stopping by and have a great day! 

4 comments:

  1. These are darling. You did a great job.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute. I love the signs on them. I thought about doing that too.

    Cute curly hair. I guess I should put blonde,white hair on mine since you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowman ornaments are so sweet! I can see how they would be so much fun to create - especially when it comes to creating their different expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Lupe your snowmen ornies are to precious for words!!I cant help but smile to look at their sweet faces!!Big Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete