Tuesday, October 11, 2011

AZPCG 2011 Polymer Clay in the Pines Retreat, Part II

I finally was able to unpack my polymer clay stuff and clean up my studio somewhat...plus finish our quarterly guild newsletter. I think I took everything but the kitchen sink up to our retreat! Here are some things that I made up in the retreat.


Some Halloween pendants which I plan to list on my ArtFire studio.

 Some cross pendants...which I also plan to list on my ArtFire studio.
 Canes

Pendant and beads that I made using the above cane.

Earrings...these are cute and I will have to make more! 

 Some disc pendants...thinking about using them for some bracelet designs.

Mokume Gane pendant and beads

I just finished the above piece. I still have plenty of cane to make some more creations. I am really happy with way it turned out. I also made quite of few transfer images to use for some future pendants. All in all, I think I made some great creations up at the retreat. These are some of the things I learned through demonstrations up at the retreat:
  • Basket weave, Metallic Ribbon (using Lumiere Paints and glitters)
  • Transfer images
  • How to make a Slide knot
  • Proper way to apply Magic Glos
  • How to make a totally new cane out of an old cane
  • Proper way to reduce a cane
  • How to make kumihimo braids
As you can see, our retreat was jam packed with great demos and plenty of time to work with clay. I came back inspired and ready for the upcoming holidays! 

Thanks for stopping to see all the fun I had up at our retreat!  Have an awesome day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that last necklace is incredible! Polymer work is so intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things are all beautiful. You sure accomplished a lot up there. I love the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earings are so elegant and beautiful! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete