Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sneak Peek: PC Covered Spice Jars

Well, just as I promised, here is a sneak peek of my polymer clay covered spice jars. I have been working on these every time I have a few hours to play with clay which has not been very much these past weeks. I can usually get one done in a couple of hours without interruptions and then tack on the baking time and another hour for smaller details which I usually do another day. I have been doing them in stages. First, I do the transfer image, then I make a skinner blend to somewhat match the colors in the transfer image...then frame the the image with the blend. Two sides of the spice jar have the images and the other sides have stamped polymer clay. I first tried making one to see how it would look like and I posted it in an earlier post. I figure these would make great containers for toothpicks, beading needles, etc. There are a total of 25 of us going to the retreat, so these are only half of them...still working on the rest. I have had fun making them. I hope people will like them. I am excited to see what everyone made and/or donated for the goody bags. That is one of the best things about the retreat!








Well, back to work on some more!  Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lupe, these are gorgeous! A lot of thought and work put into those! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lupe those are incredible. Will you please tell Deb and Alison to save me the one with the cat on it? He is so cute.

    You really outdid yourself. Those will be the hit of the retreat. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lupe, I am amazed!! I have never seen anything like these beautiful jars. You have really poured your heart in to this project and it sure shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lupe these are really amazing!!I have never seen anything like these and I think they are totally unique and lovely!!I especially love the colors you used..they really pop!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete