Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Polymer Clay Meets Metal

I was overdue for another post. I had wanted to finish another piece before posting my latest creations, but I am afraid that piece will have to wait...so I decided to post two of my latest creations. About a month ago, I came across an interesting post on Art Bead Scene, Finding Worth Finding: Russian Goldplate Filigree (one of my favorite blogs that I follow). There was a link to a tutorial on Cagework Beadery Miriam Haskell style...this intrigued me. I have been trying to figure out ways in which I could incorporate polymer clay and filigree together. So, I went down to one of my favorite stores, Michael's and bought some filigree while I waited for the filigree that I ordered. In one of my pieces, I weaved the beads as instructed on the tutorial.






It is fairly simple. The tutorial mentions using another filigree to cover the wire. I happened to use polymer clay to cover the wire.

I haven't decided what I will make with them...brooches or necklaces. I am sure it will come to me in time. But, time I do not have...between doctor appointments, physical therapy, and house stuff, and other projects, it will have to wait a little while longer. Perhaps if I wait a little longer, you all can give me some suggestions on what to do with them.

Well, almost ready to give you a sneak peak of my polymer clay covered spice jars. I have a couple more and I will be half done...I know, working till last hour on these. I have received several nice compliments on them...mostly from family members, which is nice.

Well, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Those are STUNNING. I have a bunch here and I knew I could turn to your for inspiration.

    Can't wait to see the spice jars.

    These really are gorgeous.

    They would look great on beaded Kumihimo or a chip necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are really beauiful Lupe!!I have been itching to use more clay..and now this clay and metal has me spinning with ideas!!Im off to check out that tutorial!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lupe..Glad to hear that you are mending.
    I love these pieces and the spice jars.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving kudos.

    ReplyDelete