Monday, July 25, 2011

A Pieced-Heart

I am back to playing with polymer clay after recuperating from my knee surgery. I certainly have a heap of things of my work table...working on several projects all at the same time. I finished one of the projects today and a good thing the clouds went away because I didn't want to have to take my UV lamp out to cure the Magic Glos on the pendants that I made today. One nice thing about living in the southwest...lots of sun!
Last month at our guild meeting, one of our guild members and a friend of mine, Bonnie Kreger brought in some of her beautiful creations for show and tell... and one of the creations was a lattice-heart. She is so sweet and ends up giving several of her creations to her best buddies. Her buddies are into Kumihimo cording and they make beautiful cords to go with their polymer clay creations. This is one technique that I am so jazzed about learning and it will be taught at our annual polymer clay retreat at the end of September. The following picture is the polymer clay latticed-heart made by Bonnie and necklace/beaded cording done by Rose Anthony. What a gorgeous creation and beautiful work done by two gifted artists!




I love this lattice-heart, so I decided to try making one for each of the gals from my women's bible study group. This week we are finishing up our study in "Breaking Free" (Beth Moore Studies). What a perfect way to end this study with a pieced (lattice) heart necklace.



Mine is a little different from Bonnie's lattice-heart. I added texture and mica powders to mine as well as the Lumiere paints...also added a layer of Magic Glos. On the back I wrote one of our memory scriptures: "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Cor. 3:17


I also packaged the necklace with a little saying as well.





I am excited to learn Bonnie's technique for making her lattice-heart during our annual retreat. I hope the gals like the necklaces that I made for them. Well, I'd better get back to working on covering my spice jars...on-going project. Also coming up is Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party in September. I finally have all my beads ready to go! This is my first time participating...can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Your pendants are beautiful. Are you going to teach that technique I hope. We are having a clay day on August 20th. I'm going to nag you till you show me.

    Thanks for the seal of approval on the necklace. Rose sure knows how to finish things. I like making them but not finishing them.

    Those hearts are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! And I love the Bible verse!! I have a Love affair with the Lord too...ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so very lovely! The honeycomb effect is beautiful.
    Hope you are completely healed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies!

    Bonnie, I will definitely show you my technique at our next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...and to get the honeycomb effect, I used a small swatch of tulle (honeycomb netted). I had a piece of it...bought it to try Tina's tute, but just haven't gone around to doing it and I needed to use something thin so the paint wouldn't crackle too much when I ran it through the pasta machine. I haven't tried a textured matt yet...that is my next experiment using this technique. I do have a feeling the paint will crackle but it may also give a nice effect. Will let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelina, if the texture matt works out too...I will share this technique with Polymer Clay Smooshers forum for our blog. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete