Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lucky Starfish

I love the beach but haven't had the time or money to go this year...story of my life. Polymer Clay Smoothers monthly challenge for this month was a beach theme. It has been awhile since I've done one of these challenges and I barely made it. I took some time off my ongoing project to make this creation. I started Sunday afternoon and finished it in the evening. I love starfish...always have since I was a little girl. I came across quite a few digital images on the net to help inspire me. Did you know that there are 1,800 species of starfish that inhabit all the Earth's oceans? Wow! There were so many beautiful ones, it was hard to decide which way to go on this project. I came up with two choices and finally picked this type of starfish. Then I had to decide, bracelet or necklace...I chose necklace. I found two brown glass star beads in my bead stash and decided they would look great in the design. Why did I decide to call it Lucky...well, its the color green for one!



Plenty of ideas where I can use some polymer clay canes in creating starfish...so looks like I will be making another one, who knows, maybe one in red.

Well, thanks for stopping by to look at my Lucky Starfish, Hope you have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, I hope you win. I wish we had a beach here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to enlarge the image and drool for a while.So very lovely Lupe!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola....this necklace is sooo yummy. Sorry you did not make it to AU. I too have had a very trying week, but gotta teach on Tuesday. Yes, let's try to get together. Hope you are all better soon.
    Thanks for the kudos.

    ReplyDelete