Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

It is definitely HOT here in Arizona...we had a scorching 118 temp. just the other day! I've been trying to keep cool inside and work on some projects. In honor of 4th of July, I made this patriotic necklace.


I purchased these great round digital patriotic images and decided to try one out as a transfer but had a little trouble with the rest. The blue ink has a tendency to smear, so I will have to try again and make some more. I also purchased some vintage ones as well. Next year, I am hoping to make a few for my studio...wait a second, didn't I say that last year? My time management is terrible these days...not enough time to play with clay. In between working on my huge project, I took a breather and made this bracelet.


Hoping you all have a wonderful 4th of July! It's days like today that make me especially proud of the men and women who serve and have served in our military.  A big THANK YOU to all of them! I am staying in tonite and hoping to watch the fireworks show from my television. The temperatures have gone down a bit, but now we have the humidity. Our monsoon weather has officially begun! We did have a small celebration, my hubby and I had friends and family come over for a BBQ yesterday. It was nice to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary with them. Where have the years gone? My hubby is the BEST...he has been my angel from the first time I met him! We didn't have a big wedding but we had our family and friends which made our wedding very special. We saved our money for our honeymoon (Montreal, Canada). And I actually traveled to Mexico City and bought my wedding dress...a traditional wedding dress from Oaxaca, which is embroidered with geometric designs and flowers.  Now that is a wedding dress that you don't have to box up, it's comfortable and you can wear it over and over again!  Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Happy belated 30th Anniversary! What a milestone! It was neat to read a bit about your special day and your dress from Mexico City - thank you for sharing a picture too.

    ReplyDelete