Friday, January 28, 2011

Rapunzel's Fairy Tale Castle

This month's Polymer Clay Smoother's challenge theme is fairy tales (that was a mouthful!). This time around I decided to try my hand at sculpting. This is always challenging for me because sculpting doesn't come easy for me. I would love to take some classes and hope to in the future.  For the meantime, this little tower will have to do. As you recall, Rapunzel was kept in a tower by a witch and was rescued by a prince. When I was a young girl, I always wanted my hair to be long like Rapunzel's and it would have been very unlikely with my curly hair.  I am also a sucker for romance stories...the damsel in distress saved by the hero or prince. 
For the tower, I used some foil for the form and toothpicks came in quite handy (for the spire).  This is actually my second...my first toppled over during the baking because it was a little top heavy. Like I said, a sculptor, I am not!



This little tower brought back some childhood memories for me.  I loved reading all the Grimm Brother's tales when I was kid and I loved reading them to my kids when they were young.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my little Rapunzel tower made out of polymer clay.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Lupe, that is awesome. Makes me want to let my hair grow. LOL

    I love the way you did the roof and the leaves going up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you, for someone who claims to not be a sculptor, this is one heck of an awesome sculpture! Great job! I really think you should try more sculptures- I'd love to see your creations! =)
    -Michelle of CreativeCritters

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just so beautiful. Just like out of a story book. You're a great sculptor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your wonderful comments everyone...I am smiling! Michelle: Thanks for your confidence...I will continue to try more sculptures!

    ReplyDelete